icons and panels are HUGE

Ask any questions about searching for effects, or any of the other gallery features. Questions about specific effects should go in the Effects forum
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

icons and panels are HUGE

Postby pichick712 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:51 am

I installed the newest version and when I opened it up, EVERYTHING is HUGE! How can I make the panels smaller so I have a larger area for the photo I am working on?

Site Admin

Re: icons and panels are HUGE

Postby darrenp » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:05 am

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with the new version. Could you post a link to a full-screen screenshot (via Dropbox or some online file sharing site) so I can see exactly what is going on?

Many thanks,

])arren.

Postby pichick712 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:09 am

Site Admin

Postby darrenp » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:24 pm

Hi there,

I copied the screenshot out of the .docx. It looks to be 2011 x 1131 in size. Can you confirm this is your screen resolution?

Many thanks,

])arren.

Postby pichick712 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:08 am

1920x1080 is my display parameters

Site Admin

Postby darrenp » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:28 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for getting back to me. Very strange that I managed to get a larger graphic out of the .docx than your screen. Regardless, SPE worked fine during testing at that resolution. I suspect that the problem is due to the HDPI support that was in the latest release.

We are looking into adding a feature that switches of this scaling. Hopefully this will sort out the problem you are experiencing.

Could you send on details of your machine including which operating system and monitor spec (if not integrated into laptop)?

Thanks and apologies once again,

])arren.

Site Admin

Postby darrenp » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:14 pm

Hi there,

In case you are still having problems, please try the following releases (depending on which license you have). It respects the Windows scaling factor for your screen so it should look the same in terms of text size, button size, etc as other applications. Here are the links:

Please let me know if this works for you.

Many thanks,

])arren.

Return to The Gallery Panel