EFFECTS UPDATE?

Ask any questions about searching for effects, or any of the other gallery features. Questions about specific effects should go in the Effects forum
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

EFFECTS UPDATE?

Postby skypirate » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:10 pm

When effect update works it gives an error "invalid path" it appears to be trying to find a D: drive which I do not have. Had a computer crash and had to reload the program, and have not been able to get any effect since?

Site Admin

Re: EFFECTS UPDATE?

Postby admin » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:48 am

Hi,

Have you tried doing a complete uninstall and reinstall?

Tony

Postby skypirate » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:37 pm

Just did an uninstall and down loaded a new file and installed the new one "SAME THING"
Error message says "upload invalid file: D:\web\Photoeditor.anthropics.com/uploads/30918/18/

HELP?
Greg

Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:08 am

Hi Greg,

That is strange. I think it's an error on one of our servers when you're uploading your recent preferences. One thing you could try is going into your photo editor data directory (on windows it's C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\PhotoEditor) and try renaming the forupload directory (call it oldforupload) and then run the software again. Another way might be to create a new user account.

Let me know if that doesn't help,

Tony

Postby skypirateutlage » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:44 pm

It's fixed, when I re-installed windows after the hard drive failure I never set up a user, so I created a user and when I tried to open Photo Editor I had to put in all the numbers in again and it wouldn't let me use skypirate, said it was already taken, so had to use another.

Thank You for your help, it steered me in the right direction.

Love your program It is the easiest to use. And I've been in Photograph since 1960
Greg

Return to The Gallery Panel