Resolution of gallery effects/images/overlays

Ask any questions about searching for effects, or any of the other gallery features. Questions about specific effects should go in the Effects forum
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Resolution of gallery effects/images/overlays

Postby DBenterprises » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:38 pm

At what resolution are the effect gallery images at. Are they RAWs or Tifs? If I print a huge print, am I going to see any differences in my original parts vs the added parts. Like the tree branches for instance or any of the overlays?

Re: Resolution of gallery effects/images/overlays

Postby Arwin » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:24 pm

I do think that depends on what the effect creator used and in that case it can be different, I dont think Raws are used in effects, I always use Jpeg and some cases PNG but I think Tiff is also possible.
Effect images are always scaled to the input image used though.

Arwin
Check my Instagram if you have time, dedicated to my edits done in Smart Photo Editor!
Feel free to follow ;)

Site Admin

Re: Resolution of gallery effects/images/overlays

Postby admin » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:54 am

The best way to find out, is to zoom in to your picture and take a look. It will depend very much on the picture and the effect. I can't see any circumstance where you'd need extra bit depth for an effect overlay. The reason to use RAW is for greater dynamic range and if you want to do a lot of post processing on that image. Neither are relevant for effects. The resolution can be an issue, but only for certain types of effect.
Tony

Return to The Gallery Panel