Probably me?

Ask any questions about searching for effects, or any of the other gallery features. Questions about specific effects should go in the Effects forum
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Probably me?

Postby Mozzy » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:27 pm

I've a flower head as attached. I included the star effect and saved as a file and as a session. I'd like to include 'fluid tonality four with stains' but see no 'mask it' option. I'm sure I am missing the wood for the trees but for the life of me cannot figure it out.

I'd alter opacity of the tonality 004 with stains to fit over star effect but under the flower.

Could you help please?

Mozzy

Sample flower.JPEG
Sample flower.JPEG (98.75 KiB) Viewed 3420 times

Flower with star effect.jpg
Flower with star effect.jpg (103.38 KiB) Viewed 3420 times

Site Admin

Re: Probably me?

Postby admin » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:42 am

Hi Mozzy,

It's possibly not just you. Some effects are not maskable. The ones that aren't maskable are typically ones which change the picture's size. In otherwords, the mask for the original picture doesn't line up with the final picture, so the mask probably wouldn't make sense. It sounds like that effect might change the size of the picture (even if it's just by a little). Is that it?

Tony

Re: Probably me?

Postby Mozzy » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:07 pm

Thanks Tony, much appreciated, That clarifies my question perfectly.

Mozzy

Return to The Gallery Panel