What do I do once I've found an effect I like?

Ask any questions about searching for effects, or any of the other gallery features. Questions about specific effects should go in the Effects forum
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Re: What do I do once I've found an effect I like?

Postby Nizar Jiwan » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:53 am

I only have a few hours of experience using this application. Here are my comments based on my limited experience:

Ability to apply all the effects and save the file is not just a PC or a small laptop screen problem - I use the Smart Photo Editor on my iMac with 27 inch screen and had difficulty figuring out how to apply a number of effects simultaniously and saving the file at my chosen location!! Eventually I used the key board shortcuts to save the file to the desk top. We need a more user friendly interface as well as a good user's guide - the flashing yellow instructions are very distracting - especially when you are just beginning to enjoy playing with what the application allows you to do fairly quickly.

Also I was not able to use this Editor as an External Editor from within Aperture 3 like I can use Photoshop Elements - can this be done or is there an unbreakable "Chinese Wall" between these two applications.

Finally, the application keeps shutting down on my iMac and I have to keep restoring the

Otherwise, this application is fun to use.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:04 am

Hi Nizar,

Thanks for all your comments, let me address them one at a time:

1) Am I right in saying you had problems finding the save command, or was it using the save dialog that had problems for you? We do have a plan to make the save command more obvious if that is the case.

2) You can turn off the yellow instructions in the settings panel.

3) We are certainly going to write the interface to Photoshop and Apature, so look out for that in a later version.

4) Re stability: Are you on the latest version (use check for updates in the help menu)? Is there anything in particular you notice you are doing when it shuts down or is it just general use?

Does that cover all your points?

Tony

Postby michil » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:32 pm

can i mixed 2 pic. together

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:29 am

You can using the effect creator, but it will be much easier when our compositing interface arrives.

Tony

Postby eswary » Fri May 11, 2012 12:23 pm

jaykat wrote:Thank you response however I can not even get my photo in the program...there is no apply there is no file. :(

Hi... :P

Postby pcrowe15 » Sun May 27, 2012 4:24 pm

When you go to black and white how can I color just certain parts of the picture

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon May 28, 2012 9:44 am

Hi pcrowe15,

If you have applied a black and white effect, you can change which parts are made black and white by clicking on the "Mask Area" button. By default you will be erasing the effect (getting the color back), but if you want to just make a small area black and white click "Add To Selection" before doing any brush strokes and you will be painting black and white.

Tony

Postby bellabart » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:55 pm

jaykat wrote:I just purchased this product and wondering how people are even use the program. I read where you state there is file button on the left side that allows you to open your image. Well there is NO such file function on the left side or right that lets me upload any of my photos. This is not really user friendly, but looks like a great program and at the same time it is like dangling a carrot from an animal. What do I do????????????? Thank you!

Regards,

i just got the program and can't upload my pictures???????????

ArjunAnthroQA

Postby ArjunAnthroQA » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:06 pm

Hi bellabart,

Can you please describe exactly what you're unable to do? If there are any messages that pop up, could you write down the text?

If you would like dedicated Customer Support you can open a ticket here. One of our excellent Support staff will fix your problem as soon as they can.

Postby donnagailtwo » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:36 pm

I am having the same thing happen to me. very unhappy I found something I like and can not use it

PreviousNext

Return to The Gallery Panel