What do I do once I've found an effect I like?

Ask any questions about searching for effects, or any of the other gallery features. Questions about specific effects should go in the Effects forum
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.
Site Admin

What do I do once I've found an effect I like?

Postby admin » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:29 pm

Once you've decided on an effect, press the "Apply" or "Apply to Area" button. Apply to area lets you remove the effect from some areas of your picture first, but both buttons apply the effect and bring you back to the home screen. Once an effect is applied, you can then adjust it on the home screen, remove it or add further effects on top of it.

Re: What do I do once I've found an effect I like?

Postby jaykat » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:08 am

I just purchased this product and wondering how people are even use the program. I read where you state there is file button on the left side that allows you to open your image. Well there is NO such file function on the left side or right that lets me upload any of my photos. This is not really user friendly, but looks like a great program and at the same time it is like dangling a carrot from an animal. What do I do????????????? Thank you!

Regards,

Postby jaykat » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:34 am

Thank you response however I can not even get my photo in the program...there is no apply there is no file. :(

Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:39 am

If you look in the top left of the window on a PC (or at the very top left of the screen on a Mac), you'll see the word File. That's the file menu. Click on it and you will get a list of file commands. Open allows you to load a picture into the software. Save allows you to save your edited picture back on to your hard disk. If you need more help, let me know if you are using a Mac or PC and I can upload a screenshot.

Postby hugdiane » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:10 am

I just purchased the program and once you load a picture and start working with it there is no file button to save the picture. There is no way to any kind of home page which allows any commands. I am very upset that this does not seem to be windows driven.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:30 am

Are you saying there is no File menu in the top left of the software? There is a bug that is affecting a small number of users that causes the menus to not appear. We are working on fixing this at the moment. In the meantime, try pressing Alt+F to get the file menu, there you will see a list of commands that you can use to load or save files.

Postby Rose231960 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:42 pm

Hello I can not find the Apply button either :(

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:54 am

It is called "Confirm" in the current version of the software.

Postby Rose231960 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:52 pm

Hi there I am really sorry i found the confirm button.
I just realised what the problem for all of is.
The summit button does not show up on small screen laptops unless you scroll down on the left.
I never saw the scroll bar.
I guess if I was using a bigger screen it would have shown up.
Thanks again :D

Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:59 pm

What is the summit button? Could you post a screenshot showing what you mean? The confirm button should be visible even on small screens.

Tony

Next

Return to The Gallery Panel