How do I promote effects I like?

Ask any questions about searching for effects, or any of the other gallery features. Questions about specific effects should go in the Effects forum
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.
Site Admin

How do I promote effects I like?

Postby admin » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:46 am

By clicking on the rating next to each effect, you can help to promote or demote it for the particular search you are doing. i.e. if you have chosen "black and white" and "portrait enhancements" you will be rating each effect for how good they are at making portraits black and white.

You can also keep track of your favorite effects in a search by clicking on the "Add to Shortlist" button that is found under the Effect Controls for each Effect. In maximised view, the Effect Controls are always visible on the left of the Effect, but in grid view they appear to the left of the effect when you hover over the Effect. Click "Show Shortlist" on the left of the screen to review the effects you have picked. The shortlist is cleared whenever you load a new photo or change the search.

On the main panel, you can quickly apply any of the effects you have used most recently or often by clicking on the Recent Effects button.

Re: How do I promote effects I like?

Postby EvaDEF » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:44 pm

Is there any way of keeping track which effects you've already rated? I keep seeing the same effects over and over, without seeing whether I've already rated them. I can keep rating the same effects.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:27 pm

There isn't any way at the moment for keeping track of effects you've already rated. You might actually rate the same effect differently in different searches, for instance: You might rate a black and white effect highly in a search for black and white, but give it a very bad vote if it turned up in a search which it shouldn't (like vibrance).

Postby jaffa77 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:12 am

I dont seem to have the stars on the different effect now that i have purchase the product? can someone help please?

Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:31 am

The stars are now hidden by default. You can show them again by clicking "Show ratings" in the settings dialog (found under the file menu).

Tony

Saving to a different program

Postby Ilinka » Sun May 20, 2012 5:04 pm

I do I save my edited photos to a different program like a CD or external drive. or my pictures

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon May 21, 2012 9:25 am

Hi Ilinka,

I've put an answer to this where you posted the question in another forum: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26&start=40

Tony

Return to The Gallery Panel