What do I do once I've found an effect I like?

Ask any questions about searching for effects, or any of the other gallery features. Questions about specific effects should go in the Effects forum
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.
Site Admin

What do I do once I've found an effect I like?

Postby admin » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:52 pm

Once you've found an effect you like in the effects gallery:

You can click on it to make it bigger
Press Confirm to apply it or Mask Area if you want to choose which parts of the image it applies to.

Once you've done that you can then make further changes to your picture by choosing from the tools on the right.

By choosing and shortlisting effects you like, the software is constantly learning which effects work well with which types of picture. Gradually it will gain the esthetic knowledge of the whole community.

Favorite effects
You can also add effects to your favorite list, so you can find it again easily. To do this, make sure "Show Ratings" is enabled in the settings panel (File >Settings). Then you can press on the gold star of any effect in the gallery. After doing that, it will show up when you hover over the Favorites/Recent/Shortlists.

Return to The Gallery Panel