changing confimed filter after picking selection

Ask any questions about selecting areas
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

changing confimed filter after picking selection

Postby abearry » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:00 pm

when I use the "select area" tool to change the background, I end up picking a background and want to change the background to another preset filter. how do I change it without losing all of my detailed selected area?

Re: changing confimed filter after picking selection

Postby eadams » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:24 pm

abearry wrote:when I use the "select area" tool to change the background, I end up picking a background and want to change the background to another preset filter. how do I change it without losing all of my detailed selected area?

When you select an area using the "Select Area" functionality, the area you selected is saved and you can use it over and over again in the same editing session.

After selecting the area you must click on the "Confirm selection and browse effects" button in the left-hand panel.

After doing that, any time you want to apply a new effect to your image, you have the option to use that selected area. Just hover with the mouse over the Effects Gallery icon on the upper right-hand side of your screen (instead of just clicking on it), and you will see you have the option to show the gallery for any area that you have already defined. For example, if you have selected a "Background" area and a "Skin" area, it will say: "Show Gallery for background skin". Just move the mouse cursor over the name of the area you want and click on it. You will then be shown affects that are deemed appropriate for that selection and any effect you choose will be applied only to the selection.

Return to The Select Area Panel