Mask area

Ask any questions about selecting areas
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Mask area

Postby MGauthier » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:33 pm

Hello, I've had to re-download Smart Photo Editor after my old computer broke down. I find that it is not as functional as it was before... When I apply an effect and want do remove, mask out, part of it, the cursor goes everywhere but where I want it. It is very difficult to be precise as before... Has anyone had that problem before?

Site Admin

Re: Mask area

Postby admin » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:59 am

Dear MGauthier,

Is the problem with the cursor itself? i.e. could it be a problem with a graphics tablet for example? Or is it a problem with how well it works on your image? Some images are much more difficult to mask than others, especially when the area you are selecting has similar colors to the background. Perhaps it's just you are trying it on a more difficult image this time? The software hasn't changed in the way it selects images.

Kind regards

Tony

Re: Mask area

Postby MGauthier » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:11 am

Yes, I believe it must have been the similar colors because I tried it with another photograph and there wasn't that problem. I believe I was confused because I had a series of problems with my new PC and all that... Thank you. This program is simply fantastic.

Return to The Select Area Panel