How do you invert a selection and add another effect.

Ask any questions about selecting areas
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

How do you invert a selection and add another effect.

Postby Andrew » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:38 pm

First off I just want to say how great this program is. It really rocks. Wicked, man. However often I want to apply an effect through a selection and then apply another effect through the inverse of the same selection. I just do not know how to do this - could somebody help me :?: :?: :?:

Re: How do you invert a selection and add another effect.

Postby Tony » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:14 pm

It's quite simple, I'll give an example: Say you wanted to apply an effect to the foreground and background.

First Click on "Select Area Then Add Effect"
Select the foreground area and label it as such.
Continue to the gallery stage and apply the effect
Now you want to apply an effect to a different area, so click on "Select Area Then Add Effect" and choose "New Area"
In order to quickly define the background area press the "Remove foreground" button in the Utilities section, and you will have selected everything but the foreground.

The selection utilities offer quick ways of making new selections, by adding or removing existing selections. When you remove a selection from nothing, Smart Photo Editor is clever enough to know you meant to select everything first.

Return to The Select Area Panel