How do I use the Smart Brush?

Ask any questions about selecting areas
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.
Site Admin

How do I use the Smart Brush?

Postby admin » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:45 pm

The smart brush makes it easy to select complex areas. Because it automatically finds edges, you can use a large brush and quickly sweep around an edge and it will do the hard work of getting the edge accurate. To use the smart brush best, use it to go round the edge of the area you wish to select, keeping the inner detection circle within the area you want, while the outer circle covers out to the edge of the selection. You don't need to brush inside the area because you can use the fill tools once you have gone all the way round the area.

Re: How do I use the Smart Brush?

Postby nor4sea » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:48 pm

Do theprogram have a cloning tool, and do io get sortware.

Bob Jones

Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:27 am

Yes, the cloning tool is called 'erase'. In the erase tool, draw over the area you want erased, then drag the red area to choose where to clone from.

Postby rochdaker » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:45 pm

I've got all the selecting down, and applied an effect (background change)... and saved that image. How to I "remove the background" I selected and applied so I can try another? The selected area and the new background seem to be linked. If I select back, I lose the selected area AND the background, just want to lose the background....

Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:57 am

Deleting the tab doesn't delete the selection, only the effect. You will see if you delete the tab and go back into the gallery, the fact that you have a background selection means that your gallery will have background replacement effects in there too. There isn't currently a way of making the gallery show only effects on that selection, but it's a feature we are planning to add.

Tony

The tutorial of Smart Photo Editor

Postby Miss Lou Wise » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:11 pm

I just bought Smart Photo Editor and I look for a tutorial. The tutorial opens at the beginning but doesnot give help on tools, how to use it, and the next move to do... as when you can confirm. Also showing samples of what can be done and how.

Am I wrong to look for this tutorial ?

Postby rochdaker » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:49 pm

Thanks

Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:19 am

We are currently thinking about how we can improve our help. If you have any specific questions, you can ask them here (or search for them in the search box). This will also help us improve our help because we will understand the kind of questions that are relevant to people!

Postby chongkwison » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:02 am

nor4sea wrote:Do theprogram have a cloning tool, and do io get sortware.

Bob Jones

:?

Re: The tutorial of Smart Photo Editor

Postby Pattypedd » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:28 pm

[quote="Miss Lou Wise"] "I look for a (need the) tutorial."

Was there ever an answer to this question? I have many questions regarding composite, overlays, underlays. I am a visual person therefore I need to SEE how it's done vs. reading about it. Regardless, if I look under HELP, all I get is the definitions but no steps. If no tutorials are available, then surely there are instructions somewhere, right?

I purchased this with lots of hope and now I am beginning to wonder if this application is as wonderful as the initial "tutorials" claim/appear to be.

Next

Return to The Select Area Panel