How do I use the Lasso?

Ask any questions about selecting areas
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.
Site Admin

How do I use the Lasso?

Postby admin » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:39 pm

To select the Lasso, you have to be selecting an area, which can be activated from several points within the software, for instance pressing "Add Effect to New Area..." from the Home Panel. Once you are on the Select Area Panel, the Lasso is selected by default. If it is not selected, press on the Lasso tab at the top of the Selection Tools section on the left.

The lasso works in two stages:

1) Draw a rough outline around the selection you want. Don't waste time trying to be very accurate - it makes no difference to the result!

2) You then get two outlines generated: an inner and outer line. Everything within the inner line is included in the selection. Everything outside the outer line is excluded. Within the two lines, Smart Photo Editor intelligently works out what should be included in the selection.

You can drag the lines to adjust the result. Often the best way to make a selection is to use the lasso tool first to get the selection almost right, then use the Smart Brush to finish.

Re: How do I use the Lasso?

Postby patsyr » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:50 pm

This is VERY nice! :D

Postby TrumanPhotography » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:11 pm

Works OK, needs a bit refinement. I especially like the Simplicity of it.

Postby genieswish » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:36 pm

i cant find the lasso?? the smart brush is automatically selected when i click on select area

Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:44 pm

Lasso is the tab immediately to the left of Selection Brush tab underneath Selection Tools.

Tony

Return to The Select Area Panel