batch apply effects

Here you can discuss anything related to the Home Panel (the first one you come to)
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

batch apply effects

Postby jonassig » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:54 am

I´m using batch apply effects and works fine, but the process leaves files in my C-disk and fills it. I´m working on another disk with photos saved there, but the software saves files in
c:\users\....\appdata\local\photoEditor\autosave.pe. I.m working on raw files, but at the start of the project I had 20gb free on the disk, but the software eats it up. pls. help me with this.

Site Admin

Re: batch apply effects

Postby admin » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:40 am

Hi Jonassig,

There are two places SPE will be creating lots of files:

1. In c:\users\....\appdata\local\photoEditor\images it stores textures it's downloaded from the server. You can safely delete this directory and it will download the textures again when they are needed. If you once went through many gallery pages, but generally don't, this will do a lot to help.

2. If you are using the batch apply feature, that will create a new picture for each original, so you might have to decide if you want to keep the original or the processed version.

The autosave.pe file wont fill up your disk as it is generally the same size as one image.

Does this help? Is this a problem for anyone else?

Tony

Postby jonassig » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:35 pm

this helps.

Then the batch process would be like this :
1. copy your orginals to a new library
2. apply the batch work on files in the new directory and not keep the orginals.

right ?
but where do I select, not to keep the orginal picture in the batch process ?

jonassig

Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:14 am

Hi Jonassig,

Sorry, I meant you might want to decide which to keep on a picture by picture basis. SPE doesn't have a feature to delete all the pictures you have batch applied an effect to. However if you want to delete all the originals, all the new pictures will have a later date stamp than the originals, so you could just order them by date in the file explorer and delete the old ones.

Tony

Postby jonassig » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:01 am

I found out what was filing my disk, when using batch process.
When running a batch process, the Photo editor makes a working file in AppData\local\temp that has the size of 95097 KB, at least one for each photo processed. After a photo has been saved on disk, it does not delete this temp file and the disk fills ! If you are interested, I can send you a copy of one of these files, kept one for you :) I´m running on windows 7 professional. JonasSig.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:40 am

Hi Jonassig,

I was not aware of that, thank you for pointing that out. I will look into it. Sounds like an easy one to fix though.

Tony

Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:36 am

Hi Jonassig,

I've looked into this and I can't reproduce the problem you are having. While it does put files into temp in the process of rendering, all the files get deleted by the time the batch process is finished. Can you tell me a couple of things:

1. What is the name of the temp file?
2. What effect or effects are you batch processing?

Tony

Postby jonassig » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:38 am

the file name is this : DSC_0001 (2)AYOQE6JW7TDJ0OXZEHPA
the Hdr effect is used.
Maybe it deletes all temp files in the end, but it should delete each temp file after the saving process of each photo, not wait until end og batch work. jonassig

Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:23 am

Hi Jonassig,

Sorry, I wasn't being clear. It does delete all of each photo's worth of temporary files when as soon as it is finished with each photo, and as a result there are no extra temporary files at the end of the process. You say maybe it does delete all temp files in the end? Can you confirm if there are any left after the batch progress dialog closes? (There might be during the batch: created and deleted for each photo it processes).

One other possibility if it sometimes leaves files in that folder and other times does not: your antivirus software could be locking temporary files when we try to delete them and as a result we can't delete them. Let us know if it's something that doesn't happen consistently.

Tony

Postby jonassig » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:57 am

at my computer the temp files are not deleted.
The antivirus program might be bugging us, but you were accepted in, but maybe you are not aloud to delete from the temp directory. This means my Norman antivirus system is doing their job :) If I find something new, you hear from me. jonassig

Next

Return to The Home Panel