Turn off Tutorial

Here you can discuss anything related to the Home Panel (the first one you come to)
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Turn off Tutorial

Postby jdfeka » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:44 pm

How can I turn off the Tutorial which is presented every time I open the program.

It was useful when I first started, but now that I've got some experience it is an annoyance to have to always click on "Skip Tutorial".

I'm running on a Mac and don't find any option under Preferences to turn off the tutorial.

Jack

Site Admin

Re: Turn off Tutorial

Postby admin » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:38 am

You don't have to click on Skip Tutorial, you can just ignore any yellow tip and continue working as they don't stop any part of the interface from working. If you never want to see any of them again, the setting to turn on is "Don't show any yellow tip boxes".

Tony

Postby jdfeka » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:31 pm

Thanks for telling me this, however, I think it might be helpful to allow the tips to stay on while not running the tutorial. After all, we may get the general idea of how to do something down, but still some of the details may take a bit longer to stick in our minds.

Ideally, I think it would be great to be able to selectively decide which tips you want to see, because some functions may take longer than others to sink in. Especially if there are certain effects which you do not use very frequently compared to others, those less used might be ones where I'd like to have the tips stay on while other effects which I use very often, I'd like to turn off.

Also, there are some tips which are annoying. At this moment I can't remember exactly which ones bothered me but what I recall was when I would be working on something and click on the screen, a large yellow box would appear… I would turn it off and then the next time I clicked on the image again the same message popped up again and again every time I did something in that particular operation. I felt like screaming at the app … "I already turned you off … can't you understand that I don't want your help!!!!!" Obviously the program doesn't but perhaps it should have the ability to learn not to REPEAT the same message over and over again in the same session at least.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:43 pm

Two very good points. Tips popping up immediately after you have canceled them sounds like something we can fix. I guess if you dismiss a tip a few times we can also get the message and not show it again (currently it always shows most tips 5 times).

Tony

Return to The Home Panel