CR2 Corrupt !!

Here you can discuss anything related to the Home Panel (the first one you come to)
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

CR2 Corrupt !!

Postby Russ Davies » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:10 pm

Hi All hope your all keeping your selves safe .

Just a simple question, well im hoping it is..

I cannot get the Smart photo editor to except CR 2 files for some reason it say they are corrupt ! Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this please..using W10.

Warm regards Russ

Re: CR2 Corrupt !!

Postby Richard Briggs » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:45 am

OK for me. There are various versions of CR2 (silly isn't it!). My Canon G5X CR2 files did not work with Photoshop Elements until I upgraded the latter (and yet CR2 from my Canon G12 did work). You mmay like tp try Adobe's free converter. It converts proprietary RAW file to DNG RAW files. That's what I used in the situations outlined.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, although SPE will open RAW files, it is NOT a RAW editor. So do you gain anything from using RAW over JPG in SPE? I am willing to be corrected on this.

Richard

Re: CR2 Corrupt !!

Postby gary » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:30 am

That is good advice, use the free Adobe DNG converter and SmartPhotoEditor will be able to load the files.
It is often worth using a RAW format over Jpeg as Jpeg is normally 8 bits per color channel, and RAW is often 12 bits or more depending on the camera hardware. The extra color resolution is worth having for some of the effects in SmartPhotoEditor.

Return to The Home Panel