Out of memory in the QT...

Here you can discuss anything related to the Home Panel (the first one you come to)
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Out of memory in the QT...

Postby kamicota » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:56 am

Hi all

Have been trying to view all the 95 Pages of Effects but always only get to Page 26 or so and get the Message - Out of Memory in the QT and SPE shuts down

It seems to start with the "whacky" effect which stays black for the longest time - so we try to move on

Am I doing something wrong as I only let the first effect load up look along the line and then go to the next page.

These are the effects displayed above the original image.

Mind you we prefer the display with all the Page effects in the main body of the program but have not found how to get there either

Any help out there please

Cheers for Years
Colin

Site Admin

Re: Out of memory in the QT...

Postby admin » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:16 am

Hi Kamicota,

To get back to the view where you can see all the effects on a page at once, press "Grid View" at the bottom of the Effect Controls.

I just tried going through all the pages on grid view and had no problems. Try doing a "Check for updates" from the help menu to make sure you are up to date with the software. The number of effects per page depends on the aspect ratio of your picture and the window of the software. Tell me how may effects per page and I can try doing what you did.

Tony

Postby kamicota » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:33 pm

Thanks Tony

Found the "grid view" - yeah - :D

and there are 12 views per page -

If memory serves me right - there was an update recently ( we are with 1.7)

Am on Netbook right now and will be with desktop later today

Cheers for Years
Colin

Postby kamicota » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:00 pm

Back again Tony

Desktop also has 12 images per page - got as far as 33 this time and SPE - "not responding"

May have clicked too soon on to the next page as several of the images were in various stages of loading. And they they just remained that way with no full image of the effect appearing

So just terminated the program

Cheers for years
Colin

Return to The Home Panel