font size

Here you can discuss anything related to the Home Panel (the first one you come to)
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

font size

Postby raviguilla4 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:44 am

how can I make the icons and font bigger? Could barely read/see and do anything much on the home screen. TY.

Site Admin

Re: font size

Postby admin » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:42 am

Hi,

I'm afraid the only way currently to make the icons and font bigger are to decrease the resolution of your screen.

Tony

Postby gkdigger » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:58 am

Same problem here, I have a screen that handles high resolution, but not everything in my machine uses it in this fashion. The conditions of this program are not very friendly in letting the user set the font & screen resolutions. Most programs don't automatically put things in this high a resolution. I need a magnifying glass to read the menus to even find how to get to this discussion site. WOW

George

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:51 am

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your feedback. We are taking it on board. Can I ask, are there other users of this forum that think this is important?

Tony

Postby gkdigger » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:21 am

Tony (Admin),

I currently use a Lenovo Yoga 2 in 1, the screen resolution is really high. It works fine with M/S Office apps, multiple web browers and other graphics programs (such as Photoshop, Corel Paintshop and some others). Most of these programs can handle the files/materials in high resolution, but the menu options are not automatically is such high resolution that you can't read the menu list.

I tried reducing the resolution of the screen and not only did the operating system continue giving me error messages that I was not in "optimal resolution" it also was blinking and breaking up in the lower resolution. When I restored the screen resolution to maximum, things stabilized and all other programs were back to functioning. Therefore, the screen resolution is a hardware conflict for me on this machine. I would like to use this program, but might have to pass on it based on the hardware conflicts. Purchasing the software is not a problem, but if it doesn't work with the hardware, that would just be wasting money and not securing a satisfied customer.

I know you'll take it on at some time, and I look forward to hearing when this option has been modified so it will work with my hardware.

Postby bjrum3218 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:16 pm

I have same problem as gkdigger .. My computer is a Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro. The fonts and menu's are so tiny the program is unusable. I recently bought Portrait Pro and it works great.. Will you be addressing this problem in Smart Photo Editor?

I loved the program when it worked well on my old computer.. But changing the screen resolution every time I want to use this program is really not an option.. I would rather find another photo editing program than to constantly switch screen resolutions on my computer.

Postby gkdigger » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:59 pm

I agree with this guy... Portrait Pro is great, and I won't fight screen resolutions each time. There are other good editing programs out there.

Postby seannymc » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:55 am

Love this program, I've been using it for some time now on a low res screen, along with portrait Pro Professional. I have just recently installed it on my new laptop (high res screen) and I cant even guess at the menu options, they're that small, it really is unusable. Incidentally Portrait Pro Professional works perfectly at the new resolution. Surely something can be done to fix the problem in SPE..hopefully soon

Postby MontanaMan1947 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:09 am

I am having the same problem as everyone else and can't even see anything on my screen, let alone use the program. This needs a fix!

Postby jenash77 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:20 pm

I have been unable to use this program on the brand new surface pro (which was bought to use this and some other photographic programs). I have asked directly several times from Smart Photo support to help fix this issue to which I get the "please reinstall" BS answer.

Has anyone smart figured out how to fix this yet? Otherwise I am going to need to demand a refund. I LOVE this program but i cant USE IT!

Next

Return to The Home Panel