Color change

Here you can discuss anything related to the Home Panel (the first one you come to)
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Color change

Postby House » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:55 pm

I am changing the color of my home and would like to use this program by inserting a color that I grab from a picture of another home. Is that possible in this program?

Site Admin

Re: Color change

Postby admin » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:45 am

I think it might be although I'm not exactly sure what you mean. We've got facilities to make one image take on all the colors of another image. Is that what you are interested in? Or do you want to just paint a flat color grabbed from another picture?

Tony

Postby House » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:30 pm

Yes, grabbing a color from another picture and applying it to a picture of my home....just the wall color. How would I do that? I've searched for options but cant find one....thanks

Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:30 am

Hi,

That sounds more like a painting operation, and SPE isn't really a painting program.

It should be very easy to do in something like gimp (which is free). Just load in both pictures, use the color picker to choose the color you want, then use a brush to paint that color into your picture.

You could do something more sophisticated in SPE, but it would be more steps and it sounds like it's not worth it for what you have in mind. If you post both pictures, I could show you how.

Tony

Postby House » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:08 pm

Thanks, I will give it a try..........

Return to The Home Panel