Problem with Keyboard Shortcuts

Here you can discuss anything related to the Home Panel (the first one you come to)
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Problem with Keyboard Shortcuts

Postby wallyg » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:31 am

When I go to the Help menu and click on Keyboard Shortcuts I get the following Error Message:

Failed to open help. Please try re-installing the application.
Missing help page: /Applications/SmartPhotoEditor.app/Contents/MacOS/help-en/Keyboard_shortcuts.htm

I re-installed the application and still get the same error message. tried it a few times and still get the same message over and over.

Can someone please advise me if there is a solution. Just downloaded this program today and learning how to use it.

Thanks

Re: Problem with Keyboard Shortcuts

Postby DBenterprises » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:19 am

What happens when you click Help and click on Contents?

Postby wallyg » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:17 pm

Here is what I get:

Failed to open help. Please try re-installing the application.
Missing help page: /Applications/SmartPhotoEditor.app/Contents/MacOS/help-en/introduction.htm

Postby DBenterprises » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:37 pm

I'm on a PC so I can't help you. Seems to be something with the help file itself on a Mac?

Postby Vangelisz » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:05 pm

Hi,

It turned out that the default permissions are wrong for the help contents so that's why you're getting this message.
There's a way to change the permissions so you can access them. Can you do the following?

1. Open a Terminal window.
2. Type "sudo chmod -R 777 /Applications/SmartPhotoEditor.app/Contents/MacOS/help-en/" (without double quotes). Please note that you would need an Administrator account to do this.
3. After this command you will be prompted to enter your password.
This should fix the permissions. Let me know if it worked.

We will fix this in the next release so you don't have to manually change permissions when you update the software.
Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Vangelisz

Postby wallyg » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:52 pm

It worked.

Thank you

Return to The Home Panel