file format

Here you can discuss anything related to the Home Panel (the first one you come to)
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

file format

Postby jbwna@aol.com » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:11 pm

When saving a picture it becomes a pe.jpg file which can't be opened by other programs. I have re-done it with the same result although another picture was not renamed like that.

Site Admin

Re: file format

Postby admin » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:47 am

Hi,

Any file ending in .jpg is a jpeg file and can be opened in any image editing software. To save as a jpeg, you need to choose File > Save As Jpeg/Tiff/Png and make sure the jpeg option is chosen. If you save a tiff but give it the extension .jpg that might confuse other software!

Tony

Postby zoer123 » Sun May 11, 2014 10:20 am

I'm having the same problem - I've edited my pics and saved them all but now can't use them anywhere. I've tried emailing them and downloading them to social media but they don't like them. I'm in the middle of downloading them to a site to print them but again it's not liking the edited photos...

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon May 12, 2014 9:45 am

Hi Zoer123,

Are you sure you're saving them as a jpg? You can be sure you are if you see a dialog with the JPEG Option section visible, after choosing to save.

Tony

Postby zoer123 » Wed May 14, 2014 8:13 pm

When I go into save my edited photo, it gives three options: jpeg, tif and something else - I'm making sure I click in the jpeg option. Then it takes me onto the screen where I can name the photo and in the save as box it says: Jpeg files (*.jpg *.jpeg *.jpe *.jfif) - am I supposed to select something different in that box? Sorry if I seem a bit dull - I am when it comes to technical stuff :-)

Postby DBenterprises » Wed May 14, 2014 9:41 pm

No.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu May 15, 2014 9:29 am

Hi Zoer,

When it gives you the screen where you can name the photo choose a name then press "Save" to save your picture. If you don't give an extension it will automatically add .jpg to the end. Make a note of where you are saving it to, so you can find it in other software. For instance if you save it to the desktop, that's an easy place to find it again.

Tony

Return to The Home Panel