montage

Here you can discuss anything related to the Home Panel (the first one you come to)
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

montage

Postby chris winter » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:12 am

I am new to this software, I followed the tuition several times on how to create a "montage" after investing lots of waisted time constructing the montage the programme crashes during the rendering part and windows can not find a solution !! very frustrating indeed .. help would be much appreciated !

Re: montage

Postby Vangelisz » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:35 am

Hi Chris,

What version of Windows are you using? Is it the tutorial that makes the program crash? Could you please describe the exact steps that you are following? (i.e. if you are using a texture, name it please).
Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Vangelisz

Postby chris winter » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:30 am

Hi Vangelisz, Thanks for your reply, i'am using windows 7, when I upload a picture to use for the montage I then pic out a texture, I then place the pics over the texture as indicated in the tutorial. No its not the tutorial that makes the programme crash. Regards Chris

Postby Vangelisz » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:34 pm

Hi Chris,

Could you send us the pictures you are using? We would try to reproduce this issue in our office. Please send them to support1234@anthropics.com, and mark it for Vangelisz.

Thanks,
Vangelisz

Postby Can-DO Framing » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:02 am

Hi

This happens to me regally as well but is not limited to montage. I will be working on something and then the program suddenly says that there is an issue and has to shut down... I run windows 8.

Postby Vangelisz » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:35 am

Can-DO Framing wrote:Hi

This happens to me regally as well but is not limited to montage. I will be working on something and then the program suddenly says that there is an issue and has to shut down... I run windows 8.

Hi,

Could you please specify the steps you're following when the application crashes? Are you using any kind of effects?
This information is very important for us, because if we know the exact steps that led to crash, we can hopefully find the root cause and fix it.

Regards,
Vangelisz

Postby Can-DO Framing » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:56 am

Hi, I've had the program crash regularly...

It happens a lot when I'm trying to save - more so when saving as PNG then JPEG.

I've had it happen when doing all different things in this program from using the effects gallery to manually doing effects, cropping, erasing and the last time was when I was almost finished my collage and it crashed... this meant I had to start again as I couldn't edit what I had already done.

I've had to resort to using JPEG files a lot more then I like to as the program seems to handle these much better. I run windows 8 in case this is an issue. Please let me know if you need any more info.

I've also found that PNG files take longer to save and it always has the 'program not responding' tag but have found that if I leave it alone it fixes itself most times when saving.

Thanks Roseanne

Postby Vangelisz » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:29 pm

Hi Roseanne,

Thanks very much for the detailed steps. It seems that finally we have found something, Tony is currently looking into it. We'll let you know if there's a fix available.

Regards,
Vangelisz

Return to The Home Panel