Saving EXFIR data

This is the place to ask any questions about the Smart Photo Editor community
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Saving EXFIR data

Postby pettijohn » Tue May 15, 2012 12:19 pm

Is there anyway to have the EXFIR data stay with the photo files when used and saved in Smart Photo Editor?

Re: Saving EXFIR data

Postby gary » Tue May 15, 2012 3:58 pm

I think it's the EXIF data you want preserved. This already happens but we don't pass through any unknown EXIF tags because there is a danger this could cause a corrupt file. The major one we don't support is makernote tags that are specific to each manufacturer.

Is there are particular EXIF tag that you would like preserved?

thanks,
Gary

Postby pettijohn » Wed May 16, 2012 12:19 pm

Yes I mean EXIF data. I spend time putting tags or keywords to the photos. I bring a batch or file of the photos into smart photo editor --perform effects.

When I look at the photos in Picassa, the pe file no longer have the tags or keywords. Therefore I have to spend time re tagging the photos.

Postby gary » Thu May 17, 2012 10:24 am

Normally data such as title, owner, copyright, etc. are in IPTC rather than EXIF. Unfortunately the SmartPhotoEditor doesn't support IPTC yet but it is a good suggestion and I have added it to our list of feature requests.

regards,
Gary

Postby pettijohn » Thu May 17, 2012 12:44 pm

my tags are more like keywords I can search on to find photos. Some examples maybe lions, zoo or otters, zoo. I tag the photos under Picassa. I can load into photoshop elements make edits and save as a new file with the tags still associated with the photo.

Return to The Smart Photo Editor community