How di I save a image after I've removed the background?

This is the place to ask any questions about the Smart Photo Editor community
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

How di I save a image after I've removed the background?

Postby ksp1026@yahoo.com » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:27 am

I spend quite a bit of time selecting the background around my subject to remove it before looking through the effects gallery. I click on 'add to short list' then I try some other effects and do the same. If I save any of the effects I can no longer go back to the screen that has the background selected and transparent. Is there a way to save the image with the background knocked out so I can open it later and try other effects? I'm wasting a LOT of time re-selecting the background on my files.
Thanks in advance for help with this.

Kenny

Site Admin

Re: How di I save a image after I've removed the background?

Postby admin » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:28 am

Yes, you just need to save a session (from the file menu), then you can load the session back in again later and continue from where you where.

Tony

Postby ksp1026@yahoo.com » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:33 pm

After selecting the background https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipPLCouPtKZIPlPdSMAY4b_shok104hzZnQv1Y6p/photo/AF1QipNY3BY3sSH2Z-spMVPUGvyU-wOeabeklI3Ti3k9

Then when I try to save the session after I select the background I get this error message. https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipPLCouPtKZIPlPdSMAY4b_shok104hzZnQv1Y6p/photo/AF1QipNrjFuJJDC_FmWAuyCBpKIsr2_Cd5gqiwSf0dos

So I save the session after I selected a effect and when I open it again I get this https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipPLCouPtKZIPlPdSMAY4b_shok104hzZnQv1Y6p/photo/AF1QipMF1z-fjr7Vumu65RPN9SNGaZcMHDA4-Y_BOCm2

Please let me know how I can select the background and save the file with the background removed to try different effects, save the file with one effect, then reuse the same image with background selected to save it with a different effect.

Thanks. I appreciate your help. If there is a already a page with this method explained I will gladly read it.

Postby eadams » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:56 pm

ksp1026@yahoo.com wrote:After selecting the background https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipPLCouPtKZIPlPdSMAY4b_shok104hzZnQv1Y6p/photo/AF1QipNY3BY3sSH2Z-spMVPUGvyU-wOeabeklI3Ti3k9

Then when I try to save the session after I select the background I get this error message. https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipPLCouPtKZIPlPdSMAY4b_shok104hzZnQv1Y6p/photo/AF1QipNrjFuJJDC_FmWAuyCBpKIsr2_Cd5gqiwSf0dos

So I save the session after I selected a effect and when I open it again I get this https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipPLCouPtKZIPlPdSMAY4b_shok104hzZnQv1Y6p/photo/AF1QipMF1z-fjr7Vumu65RPN9SNGaZcMHDA4-Y_BOCm2

Please let me know how I can select the background and save the file with the background removed to try different effects, save the file with one effect, then reuse the same image with background selected to save it with a different effect.

Thanks. I appreciate your help. If there is a already a page with this method explained I will gladly read it.

I cannot open any of the URLs you posted. Google gives me a 404 page not found error.

I don't know how you have been doing your work, but this is how I do it.

1. Open image
2. Use Select Area tool to select an area.
3. Click on "Confirm selection and browse effects". If you select one of the default area types (like SKY) you may be presented with effects in the Gallery that are specifically made for that purpose.
4. File - Save as Session. Once you have saved the file as a session, you can continue working on it later on and use the area you selected.
5. Either continue working on the open file to try out other effects or open the saved session file at a later time.
6. To have access to the area you defined in step 2, with the session file loaded, hover with the mouse over the "Effects Gallery" button at the top right of the screen. A fly-out window will present you with the choice of any area you have selected. In the example below, I had a picture of a house loaded and defined two selections, "Sky" and "window".

SPE Gallery choices.jpg
SPE Gallery choices.jpg (71.23 KiB) Viewed 6952 times

7. Click on the name of the saved area you want to apply effects to, and the gallery will open applying the effects to that area only.

As a rule, I don't bother to create separate files when working with selected areas. If I want to replace the background, for example, I will select the background using the Select Area tool and apply a background that I like. Then I will "turn off" that version by clicking on the eyeball of the version's thumbnail. Finally I will hover over the Effects Gallery button and click on the name of the background selection in the fly-out window. That enables me to apply a completely different background using the same selection. After I have done this several times, I can compare the different versions by "turning off" each version in turn. If I invest so much time in an image I will usually save the session so that I can come back at a later date.

Postby eadams » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:39 pm

ElenaHensley wrote:Great thoughts, I thank you for the useful materials.

You are a spammer who only posts links to a website. I wish you would not waste my time replying to SPE threads.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:24 am

I've banned ElenaHensley for spamming.

Return to The Smart Photo Editor community