Christmas Borders

This is the place to ask any questions about the Smart Photo Editor community
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Christmas Borders

Postby Lorina » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:27 pm

Yes I know it's early to be asking this but could someone please tell me if there are any good Christmas borders for your photo's photo's.

I do like the Red Ribbon one but is there any others that are good. Thanks.

Re: Christmas Borders

Postby eadams » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:54 am

I don't think there are many. I've seen some simple stars placed on one side of an image and a Santa overlaid on an image, but I can't remember seeing much more than that.

The reason, I think, is because in SPE borders containing graphics can't be dynamically drawn around a user's photo. Instead, effect authors create a template containing the border and combine it with the user's photo. The border template is resized to fit the user's photo. This works fine if the user's photo and the border image have the same aspect ratio. But if they don't, the border template has to be stretched asymmetrically to fit the photo, and the border graphics are distorted. The red ribbon border can be stretched somewhat out of shape without it being too noticeable, but other graphics would look strange if they were too fat or too elongated.

This is probably too much information :D

Re: Christmas Borders

Postby Lorina » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:35 pm

Thanks so much. I was hoping there would be a snowflake border or something similar. I may have to use a different website for this. Thanks anyway :)

Return to The Smart Photo Editor community