Image is being cropped upon saving

This is the place to ask any questions about the Smart Photo Editor community
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Image is being cropped upon saving

Postby belindasam » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:55 am

Kaytlin Holland and Powderbark McWhinney 2015.jpg
Kaytlin Holland and Powderbark McWhinney 2015.jpg (259.97 KiB) Viewed 8316 times
Help everytime I save a creation, it compresses it and I lose part of the image when saving to jpg?????? please help!!!!! i never change the settings when saving to jpg either........ :evil:

Re: Image is being cropped upon saving

Postby eadams » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:53 am

What do you mean when you say you lose part of the image? I assume you are referring to the "holes" in the image in which another background seems to be peeking through? The title of your post refers to "cropping", which means something else.

Are you using SPE as a stand-alone, or are you using SPE as a filter within another program (e.g. Photoshop)?

What format is the original file in? If it is a layered file you should make sure that the top layer is a rasterized image with all the layers below merged together.

With more detailed information I am sure someone can help you solve the problem :)

Postby belindasam » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:10 pm

i have the standalone software for this program. this is extremely frustrating this program as never done this to me at the end process when creating a image. :( disappointing especially when these are customer requests and they are paying for them :(

Postby eadams » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:20 pm

belindasam wrote:i have the standalone software for this program. this is extremely frustrating this program as never done this to me at the end process when creating a image. :( disappointing especially when these are customer requests and they are paying for them :(

I understand it is frustrating for you, but no one can help you if you don't provide enough information. Can you answer the other questions?
1. Is your problem the "holes" in the image that let the background peek through?
2. Are you opening a layered image? If so, flatten the image before opening the image with SPE.

Postby belindasam » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:29 pm

im sorry but newish to this program. How do you flatten the image? yes the image is meant to be alot wider and the original image is peaking through which it shouldnt be when saving to a jpg. LIke i said before I have done a few now of these types of images but never had this issue before. The original file are just normal jpgs. I created this image soley in this program.

This is what the final image shows me prior to saving it to a jpg in this software. So dont know if there is a glitch or not........
FInal image what it should be after saving to jpg.JPG
FInal image what it should be after saving to jpg.JPG (188.22 KiB) Viewed 8306 times

Postby belindasam » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:34 pm

or should i just reinstall the program which I have as the current version being V1.20.6

Postby eadams » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:32 pm

First of all, I love your artful image composition, and both horse and rider are very beautiful. :)

I don't know what the problem is, but knowing that you use SPE as a standalone program and that you created the composition using JPGs in SPE does eliminate a lot of other possible causes, so we are a step further in solving the problem.

Since you were able to show us the final composition, I assume that you still have the session active on your computer and simply made a screenshot of it. Is this correct? If so, the first thing I would do is save the session (FILE - SAVE AS SESSION). You put a lot of work into the composition and you don't want to lose it.

Then I would open a support ticket and attach a copy of the saved session (*.pe file) http://www.smartphotoeditor.com/support/index.php?page=login&return=ticket_main. If you have never submitted a support ticket before, you need to register with a new user name and password (not the one you use for the forum).

Of course, someone else reading this might know what the problem is immediately and jump in.

After saving the session, I would also shut down SPE, re-start it and re-load the session to see if the problem goes away on its own.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:14 am

Just a quick thought: Does the problem only appear if you resize your picture on saving? I notice the picture you posted in the forum is quite small.

Tony

Return to The Smart Photo Editor community