Pixelated When Post To Facebook

This is the place to ask any questions about the Smart Photo Editor community
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Pixelated When Post To Facebook

Postby deidre624 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:50 pm

I love this program but sometimes my photos look pixelated when I post them to facebook. They always look great on my computer. Why does this happen. I would have posted a picture to show you, but it would look fine if I posted it here.

Site Admin

Re: Pixelated When Post To Facebook

Postby darrenp » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:27 pm

Hi there,

Facebook limits the resolution to 2048px max on a side (if memory serves) so my guess is that the scaling process is introducing the artefacts you describe. Could you PM me with the original image at full resolution (or, better, a Dropbox link to it)? Also, can you send me the link to the Facebook image? You can find out what this is by viewing the image, selecting 'Options' (at the bottom of the photo) and then 'Get Link'. This should allow us to look into this further.

What I am thinking is that we could actually do the scaling before sending to Facebook so we have more control.

Hope this helps,

])arren.

Return to The Smart Photo Editor community