Trying to Mask Area, program suddenly stops

This is the place to ask any questions about the Smart Photo Editor community
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Trying to Mask Area, program suddenly stops

Postby J6P » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:38 am

90% of the time that I want to mask an area in the effect it kicks me out. It will do it to me several times in a row. I also noticed that not all the effects I put in my favorites are saved there. Just a couple of minor glitches, other than that I enjoy this program and I love the Portrait Professional software as well!!! Is there advice for the mask area problem because it is super frustrating..thanks!

Site Admin

Re: Trying to Mask Area, program suddenly stops

Postby admin » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:55 am

Hi,

Could you Open a support ticket, and our support staff will try and re-create the problem. Also, make sure you're on the latest version by going to Help > Check for updates.

Tony

Postby djmrice » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:09 am

I noticed that it does that when your photo is a large file. I have the same problem on large files, but not on smaller ones.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:20 am

Hi,

In order to select an area, SPE has to render your picture at full resolution, so it can make the selection at full resolution. If you've got a high res photo with complex effects applied this can take a long time. To help, make sure you're up to date with the software (Help > Check For Updates) and also use the 64 bit version of SPE if your computer supports it.

Tony

Return to The Smart Photo Editor community