Search in gallery

Ask any questions about searching for effects, or any of the other gallery features. Questions about specific effects should go in the Effects forum
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Search in gallery

Postby Arwin » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:18 pm

Some time ago Tony told me that I could give an effect tags, so they will be shown when using a tag-name in the searchbox of the gallery (can't find back the topic it was in)
My question is, is this tagging community wide, or just for the user that tags the effect?

I did tagged some of my effects, last one was the Bittbox series which I give the tag Bittbox (because it's not in the search results by default), but when I do a search on Bittbox its showing any effect but Bittbox.
In case it needed a gallery update to apply, I waited to check again after the latest gallerie update, but still none of the Bittbox effects are showing.

I do think its great to see search results showing in order of tags first and than parts of equal effect names. Mosts of the time the searchbox does not give the right results back which is not strong with a gallery that grows bigger and bigger.

Hope there can be done something with.
Arwin
Check my Instagram if you have time, dedicated to my edits done in Smart Photo Editor!
Feel free to follow ;)

Site Admin

Re: Search in gallery

Postby admin » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:36 am

Hi Arwin,

Yes, tagging is community wide. I've just updated the gallery, and I can't see any bittbox effects, so I'm not sure what went on there. Could you try again?

The order the effects come back in is very complex and depends on lots of things, including the picture you've loaded in (it tries to pick effects that will work well with your picture) and is constantly learning from our community of users.

Tony

Postby Arwin » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:50 pm

Thanks for the reply Tony,

Ill tag them again, just one more question about this, when using more than one tag on an effect, would I separate them with an comma, space or doesn't matter?

Thanks again,
Arwin
Check my Instagram if you have time, dedicated to my edits done in Smart Photo Editor!
Feel free to follow ;)

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:26 am

Hi Arwin,

You can only do one tag at a time (tags can include spaces or indeed commas). If you want to do more than one tag, just click on the button to tag it again.

Tony

Postby Arwin » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:22 pm

Thanks Tony, that sounds very clear to me! :D

Arwin
Feel free to follow ;)

Return to The Gallery Panel