Image develops with BLUR after using Area Treatment

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

Image develops with BLUR after using Area Treatment

Postby Phelon » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:47 pm

Hi,

This was not the way I SHOULD WORK, but I will report it anyway. I opened a RAW file (should have converted), then applied Straightening Tool, then went to Area Treatment and painted a fairly large area and increased the brightness and exposure. Then I saved the Session, for fear of something happening to my work; then I saved as a TIFF image, and the screen image came back blurry even though the browser produced a regular sharp image. There isn't much more I want to do to the image, but what do I do if I want to go forward?

Phelon

PS I will try to convert the RAW file first and see what happens...

Site Admin

Re: Image develops with BLUR after using Area Treatment

Postby admin » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:49 am

Hi Phelon,

Whenever you see a blurry picture on the screen, it's a problem with showing you the preview of the picture, it shouldn't affect what is saved, and if you continue to make changes, it should sharpen up again. Also, if you zoom in and out again, that will force it to update the screen and that might fix it. We have seen this problem happen on the Mac and are in the process of fixing it, so hopefully that will be in the next release.

Tony

Site Admin

Re: Image develops with BLUR after using Area Treatment

Postby admin » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:56 pm

Hi Phelon,

We've fixed a problem that was causing blurry images to not sharpen afterwards on the Mac. The release with the fix in it should go out later today.

Tony

Return to Bugs