The big feature request discussion

Please let us know of absolutely anything you think is missing from Smart Photo Editor.

Re: The big feature request discussion

Postby Flyhighphotos » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:54 am

Great idea - can (is there already) there be an option to specify the output folder for batch apply effects?

Postby active.8 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:01 pm

I would like to see it integrated with photo shop

Postby bebo1998 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:56 pm

Hi, Tony
I love your effects. My main question today is how to best select hair areas for various applications. I have tried hard and soft edges, various sizes. I don't want it to look like a bad haircut!

Thanks,

Bebo

Postby bebo1998 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:27 pm

I have the same problem - if you get an appropriate response tothe hair issue, please let me know. Thanks!

Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:35 am

Hi,

Hair is one of the most difficult things to select. The soft brush is definitely the one to use for hair. If you have control over the composition of your picture, try and make sure the subject is shot against a flat background of a different color to their hair. Another tip is that you can often get a better result by quickly selecting the hair plus the nearby background, then using Erase From Selection, with a large brush, to deselect the background.

Tony

Resizing in composite

Postby SmartPhota » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:54 pm

I have been playing with the composite effect and I miss the abiliy to resize one of the files so I can achieve a more realistic perspective of subject to background. There are two layers someweher ethere, hidden behind the interface. So..

How about resizing the overlay?

Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:49 am

To Resize an overlay or underlay: Click on the "Move, Rotate and Scale" button, then you will be able to resize it using the widget on screen.

Tony

Postby EricaMaxine » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:51 pm

MJP wrote:What about printing? I've just got to the point where I want to print something and I can't find a Print facility. Is it hiding somewhere?

When you click on 'File' slide down to print. You can also save it on your computer and then print from there. :)

Postby SmartPhota » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:31 pm

I don't know if this has been suggested, so bear with me. I try to post what I find as I go about learning the software...

- IMO the area where we see results of an effect on original photo is too small. It is difficult to assess whether that is what we want.

- I suggest that we point at an effect that you disappear the left panel, so we can actually see the effect at full size or medium size at least. I guess this would require more memory use. I have a big screen, so I cannot imagine someone with a smaller screen dealing with this.

BTW, I included the original I was working on so you can see what a marvelous difference the software makes!
Attachments
too small 1.jpg
too small 1.jpg (166.94 KiB) Viewed 12408 times
too smal.jpg
too smal.jpg (573.25 KiB) Viewed 12408 times

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:25 am

Hi SmartPhota,

It's always a good thing to hear requests like this, because it's already implemented and will be in the next release. :)

Tony

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests