SPE takes out Color Profile when saving (or before)

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

SPE takes out Color Profile when saving (or before)

Postby Phelon » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:04 am

Hi,

It seems that all my SPE saved pictures need to have a Color Profile assigned. Window comes up saying file not color managed and gives me a choice to add one.

I would like my files to keep the same Color Profile as when I sent them to SPE.

Phelon

Re: SPE takes out Color Profile when saving (or before)

Postby gary » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:09 pm

The Smart Photo Editor preserves color profiles, so a picture saved out will have the same profile as the original picture loaded in.

I just tried this loading in a TIFF file with an Adobe RGB color profile, I saved out a jpeg and loaded that into Photoshop where it showed up as having an embedded Adobe RGB profile.

regards,
Gary

Postby Phelon » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:24 pm

Hi Gary,

Try the same on the Mac. After saving from SPE, then open into Photoshop, and you will get the message that the file does not have an RGB profile, and asks if you want to leave it unmanaged, assign the PS default profile, or assign Adobe RGB profile.

I just sent Tony a Dropbox of files showing the problem on the Mac. I use both both Mac and PC versions, but since the latest version came out, I use only the Mac. The two versions don't completely look or work alike, but almost.

Phelon

Postby gary » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:10 pm

Tony gave me your files and I can see the problem now, in fact it happens on Windows as well as Mac. It looks like it's the way the sRGB profile is embedded into the original picture. I will look into this in the next few days but it looks like this will be easy to fix.

Gary

Return to Bugs