Effects does not save with the picture

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

Effects does not save with the picture

Postby Sillion » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:51 am

I just both SPE, and have tried out som cool features. I have tried out the "morning golden glow" effect which I have keyed to my image, but when I save my image, no matter what I try, none of the effects, or at least not the morning golden glow effect are being saved with it.

I am editing a raw file.

This completely surrender the use of this program, if it's not going to save the adjustments...

What might be the problem?

Site Admin

Re: Effects does not save with the picture

Postby admin » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:39 am

By default SPE adds _pe to the file name to preserve the original file. Check the place you are saving to and the filename.

Tony

Postby Sillion » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:21 am

Yes, I know that, but that isn't the problem. I have seen the files being saved and popped up immediately in the folder, but without the effects.

I tried to export to both png and jpeg, and all files have _pe in front of them. I even have one file that is added _pe_pe_pe_pe.jpeg cause I have tried to save that many times.

John

ArjunAnthroQA

Postby ArjunAnthroQA » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:51 pm

Hi Sillion,

I've taken a look at the problem you've reported and can reproduce it on my end. It appears that the effect "Golden morning Glow" does not work correctly with RAW images. I've managed to correctly apply and save out the effect with a JPEG, as well as apply a different effect to a RAW file and save it out correctly. It does seem to be a specific issue with this particular effect applied to RAW files.

Is it correct to say you're not having any issues with other effects when editing with a RAW file?

We'll take a look into the problem and attempt to resolve the issue. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Arjun

Postby Sillion » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:24 pm

Yes, I think the other effects save with the picture, except from that one.

Unfortunately that effect alone was the whole reason I bought this progam, since I used it to make a fairly boring and neutral picture looking stunning. My client wanted some pictures along this island road in the fall, and I told him it would look awful if is not sunny. However time came, and we weren't very lucky with the weather, but with this program, combining that effect and your amazing key-tool, I managed to make the picture(s) look incredible in comparison to before.

So I am really depended on getting that effect to work!

I will try to convert the raw files to jpeg and see if that helps, but is this a common problem with raw-files?

John

Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:05 am

Hi John,

We can reproduce the problem here, so I'm going to look into it now and hopefully get a fix to you as soon as I can.

Tony

Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:16 pm

Hi John,

I've sent you a private message.

Tony

ArjunAnthroQA

Postby ArjunAnthroQA » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:55 pm

Hi Sillion,

I've also sent you a Private Message.

Arjun

Postby Sillion » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:52 am

The first issue has been resolved with giving me a new build.

But now I have the same problem a lot of people have with other effects, and the image not looking at all like the image in the PS Editor.

Linke to picture:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4109908/Edited ... heleft.png

The image in the editor to the right is how it is supposed to look like. And the image to the left is how it comes out. Completely messed up!!

PSE is a really powerful and easy to use editor with a lot of effective stuff to it, but it has more bugs and issues than a crack baby! Such a shame...

Postby Sillion » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:22 am

I would love to have this resolved ASAP, as I am in need of getting my pictures ready for a deadline today...

Next

Return to Bugs