Contrasting Cursor

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

Contrasting Cursor

Postby brotherman » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:51 pm

This may seem trivial, but l though it would be nice to have a contrasting cursor to appear in the 'Text' screen regardless of the background color used. I have found it difficult, though not impossible, to put a white text on a black background. The background seems to choose a contrasting background, why not the cursor. In the case mentioned here, the cursor stays black and therefore, disappears on the screen altogether. A cursor is a good thing to have.

Beyond that it would be nice if the entire function didn't jump to the default settings when even one of them is changed. Otherwise, things are good for now.

Just sayin' from across the pond.

Brotherman

Site Admin

Re: Contrasting Cursor

Postby admin » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:20 pm

Hi Brotherman,

It's a good point and one that we've already looked at. Sadly it's easy to change the background of the text entry widget, but impossible to change the cursor using the toolkit that we use (without re-writing the entire thing, which I'm sure you wouldn't want us wasting our time with). It's possible that in the future they'll add that functionality, but I'm afraid for the moment you're stuck with entering your text in black, then changing to white once you've done all your editing.

Not sure what you mean about jumping to default settings. Could you take me through some steps to show what you mean?

Tony

Postby brotherman » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:28 pm

As I say, working with this function as it is is difficult, but not impossible. So far as your other question, it seems, in my admittedly limited experience with the text function, that the system jumps back to all its default values if I change my font, font size, color, bold, italic or whatever. Maybe I'm doing this wrong.

Brotherman

Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:42 am

Hi Brotherman,

I think I understand you, I doubt you're doing something wrong, but I can't reproduce it here. Are you on a Mac or PC?

Tony

Postby brotherman » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:38 pm

Win 7 PC. It may be a bug in the program, it may be a bug in my head. I'll do some more with this function and let you know.

Brotherman

Postby brotherman » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:59 pm

I can't reproduce this problem either. If this problem actually exists, it may be one of those 'intermitent' things that everyone hates so much.

Sorry

Brotherman

Return to Bugs