PC saving all your templates grrrrrr

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

PC saving all your templates grrrrrr

Postby paddytully12 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:37 am

I use picasa on my PC.. when I use SPE my PC is being told by your programme to pick up your templates. Well all the ones I browse through. So every I browse effects a get about a hundred effect templates saved in my PC. This is not a Picasa problems setting. It only happens with SPE is there a way I can stop SPE exporting or auto saving templates to numbered files on my PC. Last time I asked for help here the staff at SPE treated my like an idiot and I did not get a resolution to my problem. There is no doubt I am an idiot when it comes to this stuff but I dont like being treated like one. Any one willing to help an idiot? Cheers guys

Site Admin

Re: PC saving all your templates grrrrrr

Postby admin » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:57 am

Hi Paddy,

Really sorry you're having these problems. I think I know what's going on so we can try and fix it. Smart Photo Editor saves all the pictures it uses for effects on your hard disk rather than going to the internet each time you use an effect in order to make it faster and so that you can use effects you've tried without needing an internet connection. Unfortunately Picasa looks everywhere on your computer for pictures, so it find these saved templates. However I believe the Picasa has an option to ignore certain directories. In Picasa, go to tools->folder manager, and there you can remove the folder where SPE stores it's pictures. The folder you need to remove is C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Local\PhotoEditor. Let me know if that doesn't work.

Tony

Postby paddytully12 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:15 pm

the Appdata is not where you say it will be

Postby paddytully12 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:09 pm

or in other wrords it didnt work

Postby paddytully12 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:39 pm

yeah thanks for your help.. once again

Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:30 am

Which version of windows are you using? Older versions of windows had a different naming scheme:

Instead of c:\users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData, it was called C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER_NAME\Application Data, where YOUR_USER_NAME is the name you log in with. You might also need to turn on viewing hidden files to find it. If that doesn't work, just look in Picasa to see where all the template files are being found and use the folder manager in picasa to remove that folder.

Tony

Return to Bugs