Saved files have visible defects

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

Saved files have visible defects

Postby jdfeka » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:59 pm

Today I got a real surprise. I saved a file after applying several effects and went to open it in Portrait Professional to do some final touch up. The file I opened in PP had several ugly "marks" on the face, which didn't exist in the original, they were not on the screen view of the file I saved, either. I've taken a screen shot of the photo in SPE and also am attaching the file which it created.

I tried doing the same effects again, starting from the beginning RAW file, and ended up with the same flaws again.

I'm attempting to attach the screen shot and the flawed file for you to see.

If I open the same file in SPE, it also opens with the black "scar" on the face.

I'm not very happy with this little bit of trickery!

Jack

Site Admin

Re: Saved files have visible defects

Postby admin » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:44 am

Hi Jack,

Really sorry you're having a problem. You might find that upgrading to the latest version might fix it, there should be a button on the tool bar that lets you do that. (If the button doesn't appear, check for updates from the help menu). Otherwise, I've sent you a private message with next steps if that doesn't work.

Tony

Postby jdfeka » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:48 pm

The problem seems to have gone away with the new version, however, the new version doesn't load .NEF files, which the previous version did.

I also say that this seems to be fixed in the new version because I didn't have any of this problem until I was working on the photo I posted. Maybe it may be effect related, or sparked off by the effect. (Could an effect carry a 'virus' or something?) Of course, if I see this again, I will report it and will try to identify the effects being used, too.

Jack

Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:38 am

All the effects are very simple and can't do anything other than change photographs, so they can't carry viruses. The latest version includes a bunch of bug fixes, which include some image rendering issues, so that's probably what fixed it. The latest Mac version can't load raw files, so we are working hard on fixing that as soon as we can.

Tony

Return to Bugs