crop tool problem and some effects do not show

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

crop tool problem and some effects do not show

Postby aarondion » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:01 pm

When I use the crop tool, my photo goes away not allowing me to what I am cropping. Is there a fix for this? Also, some effects do the same thing or they do not show up at all. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Site Admin

Re: crop tool problem and some effects do not show

Postby admin » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:08 am

If you press the Apply button the software will crop your photo. Pressing it again will show you the whole photo with the crop rectangle overlayed.

Could you give more detail about effects not showing up? Some effects are dependent on a selection (e.g. Sky) so won't show up if you don't have a selection.

Postby Terboy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:35 pm

Hi, I've noticed that if a crop is made whilst using the Lightroom (LR) Plugin and 'Save & Close' from Smart Photo Editor then the photo in Lightroom has become distorted! I worked around by performing the crop in LR first.

Also a separate but very important issue is that the Support Login doesn't work hence my posting here!

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:17 pm

Yes, that's one of the limitation's of Adobe's plugin system: A plugin can't change the size of an image. That means if you crop an image, the cropped version will be resized to the original size. If the aspect ratio is the same, then you won't really notice the difference, but if the crop changes the aspect ratio, then stretching the image back into the original size will result in the image being stretched in a visible way. Unfortunately that's a constraint of Adobe's plugin architecture.

Kind regards

Tony

Return to Bugs