Moving your account to another computer

Post any questions about the Smart Photo Editor Software here
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Moving your account to another computer

Postby Myfairies2 » Thu May 24, 2018 8:16 am

I bought a new computer. While installing Smart Photo Editor I didn't remember my registration details and skipped the step. Now I cannot find a way to reconnect it to my account so as to find all my Favourite recent effects.
Can someone help?
Thanks

Site Admin

Re: Moving your account to another computer

Postby admin » Thu May 24, 2018 9:27 am

Hi

I'm afraid your Favourite recent effects are stored locally on your computer, so do not move with your account, which just tracks effects you've created and forum posts. To attach to your account for those, go to Account in the settings dialog.

Kind regards

Tony

Postby Myfairies2 » Thu May 24, 2018 3:27 pm

oh! :( Thank you for your reply, Tony, even though that's not what I wanted to hear...
There are some effects I used often I cannot find anymore if I search for the exact name

Postby geoffg11 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:52 am

Do I have to uninstall from old computer to install on new computer? Cheers Geoff G

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:23 am

You don't have to uninstall from the old computer.

Postby Rubioinc » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:20 pm

Hello Friend,
I just bought a new desktop and need to install SPE, portrait pro and body. How do I do that
without my tokends? I am having issues reinstalling into new computer.

Postby eadams » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:32 pm

Rubioinc wrote:Hello Friend,
I just bought a new desktop and need to install SPE, portrait pro and body. How do I do that
without my tokends? I am having issues reinstalling into new computer.

Go to the license manager: https://www.anthropics.com/smartphotoeditor/licenses/

Enter the email address you used when you ordered and registered your products. You will receive an email with the license information of your Anthropics software products and links to the download pages.

If you don't know what email you originally used just try all the ones you have. If you are registered with an email address that no longer exists, you may be out of luck, but you can always submit a support request to see if there are any options for you.

Postby Rubioinc » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:26 am

The email i registered with no longer works. I tried to change but no luck. How do I do that?

Postby eadams » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:23 am

Rubioinc wrote:The email i registered with no longer works. I tried to change but no luck. How do I do that?

Go to https://support.anthropics.com/ and submit a support ticket. You can register for a new support account with an active email address. In your support request you should Bask if it is possible to change the email address associated with your account so that you can continue to download the products you have purchased. As long as you know the email address you originally used, I think it should be possible. If you can't tell them what email address was originally used you have no way of proving that you own a license for the product.

Return to Other Questions About The Software