RAW images with Canon

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

RAW images with Canon

Postby albionman » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:50 pm

Related to previous topics, i have recently upgraded to a Canon 80D. I customarily photograph using both JPEG and RAW with the format set to Monochrome. With my old 60D I got a monochrome JPEG and Colour RAW image... which suited me perfectly. With this software both JPEG and RAW show as monochrome.. but the RAW image does not open properly... it gives either a mauve colour cast or random blocks of the image spread around the frame.
The RAW does open correctly using the EOS FPP+ software, so i can save then open in SPE... is there an upgrade around to open the imags directly into SPE without the extra step?. I am currently working with Windows 8.1

Re: RAW images with Canon

Postby gary » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:20 am

The way you are doing this is the best method we have. Unfortunately it looks like Canon protect some parts of the 80D RAW file making it difficult for the SPE software to read.

Gary

Re: RAW images with Canon

Postby 9h1le » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:02 am

I have a canon M5 Mirrorless and the Raw image on photoeditor is kind of pinkish

Return to Bugs