Error message

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

Error message

Postby solitude86 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:32 am

I have used this software for a few years. I recently starting receiving an error message and the program will not start. I have reinstalled it and it works fine for a short time then the error message pops up. I have deleted everything off and reinstalled with the same result. I purchased the latest edition, deleted all the old versions off and installed it. SAME error message. Need help. Tech support is no help attm. Getting old having to reinstall this every time I want to use it!
Thank in advance!!!
Attachments
thumbnail1.jpg
thumbnail1.jpg (163.31 KiB) Viewed 7166 times

Site Admin

Re: Error message

Postby admin » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:08 am

That particular error is saying that file has become corrupted. It's difficult to know why that might happen, as the same file works for everyone else. It could be a problem with your hard disk or antivirus software. Have you tried installing the software on another computer? I've not heard of that error happening for anyone else. If it works for a while then stops working there must be something else that is changing that file in between, which makes it sound more like an anti-virus issue.

Kind regards

Tony

Postby solitude86 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:27 pm

Thanks for the reply. Well check to find out. Have two more computers and will see how it goes.

Postby solitude86 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:27 am

I adjusted my anti virus and firewall settings. The activation token window pops up and is asking to reactivate again. While trying a different approach the error box pops up once again. I have no clue whats going on..i have the program on a second unit and running it to see if there are any issues. So far there is none. So it has to be with this particular desktop. Aside from doing a quick reinstall every time i wish to use it I am at a loss..

Postby solitude86 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:23 am

I stripped the computer and did a clean install to continue tracing the issue. awaiting to have my token activated..

Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:30 am

Hi,

I've added another install onto your activation token for the Studio edition, so you should be able to activate now.

Kind regards

Tony

Postby solitude86 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:17 pm

So far its working fine and actually running faster. Thanks so much!!

Postby wildlifewendy » Mon May 07, 2018 5:15 pm

Hi,

i have enjoyed using this editing software for a few years now, last time i used it was yesterday Sunday 6th May all as normal albeit a little slow, today 7th May go on to finish editing from previous day and can get the image up and get onto image treatment ok but when trying to go onto my favourites tap the error message appears saying file not recognised??....yet i was editing these images yesterday,

please help as i was supposed to finish editing them this evening!! :roll:

Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue May 08, 2018 9:41 am

Could you tell me exactly what you were trying to do when it said file not recognised? Did it tell you which file was not recognised?

Kind regards

Tony

Return to Bugs