Question for Admins: What's new in update 1.24.4?

Post any questions about the Smart Photo Editor Software here
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Question for Admins: What's new in update 1.24.4?

Postby eadams » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:48 am

Question for the Admins: I keep reading about problems with update 1.24.4. I haven't been prompted to install it yet (I currently have 1.22.2), but now I am hesitant to even try the update. Is there anything substantially new or better about it?

Site Admin

Re: Question for Admins: What's new in update 1.24.4?

Postby admin » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:28 am

The main reason we released 1.24.4 is to fix a bug with color profiles. We have since discovered that it causes problems for some people with 4K screens, so we are currently testing a new version that attempts to fix that issue.

Postby eadams » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:50 pm

Thanks, that's good to know. Since SPE works perfectly on my computer as is, I won't bother to install the update.

Having said that, I am still hoping against hope that someday there will be a real feature update to SPE. I would gladly pay more for this software if some of the many feature requests that have been submitted were implemented. For example, how about adding an interface similar to the one in Topazlabs Texture Effects that lets users create their own effects by loading available backgrounds or their own textures and tweaking all the basic settings without having to use the Effects Editor?

Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:00 am

Have you tried using the Composite>Overlay tool to add textures? If you change the blending mode and opacity settings you can create some good effects. A lot of our effects library is made up from such simple effects.

Postby eadams » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:15 pm

No, I haven't tried that yet - thanks for the suggestion! That was only one example of a feature request though - there are many others :-)

I love this software as is, so I'm not complaining...

Return to Other Questions About The Software