colour loss when saving with Mystyle effect applied

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

colour loss when saving with Mystyle effect applied

Postby subspe » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:57 am

any photo edited with the Mystyle effect looks great on screen but when the edited photo is saved to jpeg or tiff the photo losses all colour and appears only in black and white.
The workflow is Canon raw- then dxo (saved as a tiff ) - then photoshop (saved as a tiff) - then SPE (mystyle applied) saved as either tiff or jpeg. The opened file is then found to be in black and white. Ive tried disabling 'high performance display' but this as no effect- the file is still in black and white. Can anyone help ??

Re: colour loss when saving with Mystyle effect applied

Postby eadams » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:40 am

I'm not familiar with dxo but the first thing I would check is the color mode that you are using to convert and display the image. Can you post the image (or a cropped part of it) that you are having this problem with?

Postby MJ4 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:21 am

I am on 122.2, and sometimes I get a loss of colour, not always. Starting to get to me now. Haven't tracked what FX I was using on prior images, there are 3 on this one tho', OK Computer / Subtle Sharpen F6 / Accentuate Lighting. The Black & White is after I have saved. It's Blue & White in SPE.
PE BLACKandWhite (Bridge).jpg
PE BLACKandWhite (Bridge).jpg (460.59 KiB) Viewed 4214 times

Postby MJ4 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:08 pm

Got it sorted, reply from Tony at Anthropics is below (note- sRGB saves as B&W, but option #3 works :D )

Essentially, the output should be black and white with that effect. The blue picture you see in the software is due to the approximation due to high performance display.

The only reason you are seeing the output in color is because the color profile of that picture represents your original black and white picture as a brown color. That effect (Ok, computer) inverts all the colors making turning the brown representation blue. When the color profile is applied at the end, it turns browns back to black and white by adding blue, but in this case further increases what was already blue from OK computer! Normally, you wouldn't see a difference between the high performance display being on or off, but in this case the color profile is far enough away from the standard sRGB, combined with the invert from OK computer (and other effects) means you can see the difference.

I appreciate this isn't much help to you, but you have a few options:

1. If you want to use that color profile, browse the effects library with high performance display turned off, so at least you can see what you'll get when you save.
2. Try using sRGB as your color profile
3. I think, if you rename your original tiff file just before saving, the software won't be able to load the correct color profile, and you'll force it to save what you see on the screen.

Return to Bugs