effects tagged for my use only how doi find them again

If you want to discuss individual effects, post here. Eventually the discussion of effects will be linked to the effects themselves.
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

effects tagged for my use only how doi find them again

Postby JamesKelly001 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:14 am

effects tag for my use only how do i find them again after a system crash ive reinstalled programs and now need to find all my effects ive tagged under my use only where are they stored under a folder with my id name or what? we are talking 100s

Site Admin

Re: effects tagged for my use only how doi find them again

Postby admin » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:50 pm

The effects you have created yourself are stored on your hard disk in: C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\PhotoEditor\user. You can copy that entire directory to another user's directory as long as you completely replace all the files there.

Other people's effects that you have favorited are stored in the registry settings for your computer.

Kind regards

Tony

Postby JamesKelly001 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:58 am

i have copyed the whole user dir into the new but when i load pe my fav list is not updated with the effects i made? do i need to do anything else once i copy folder?

Postby eadams » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:25 am

JamesKelly001 wrote:i have copyed the whole user dir into the new but when i load pe my fav list is not updated with the effects i made? do i need to do anything else once i copy folder?

I don't have the answer to your question, but just an idea: If you open the Effects Gallery and use the search field to search for your user name, do you find your effects?

Return to Effects