On Saving to my PC the photo does not look like the edit

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

On Saving to my PC the photo does not look like the edit

Postby paddytully12 » Tue May 08, 2012 3:22 am

I am new to SPE. I have just edited my first photo and saved it to my Laptop. When I open the file from my Laptop in Windows or Picasa the picture is distorted badly and does not represent the edit I laboured over for some time.Infact it looks nothing like the edit I completed and saved as a Jpeg in SPE. Is it normal for the edit not to translate to windows or Picasa? It looks as if the gamma is all squewed. Is there a fix? Do I have to save a smaller version, as a tiff, Jpg? Any guidance suggestions welcome. I must say this is not a good start. :cry: My first go and it failed me? Or am I being a bit stupid? :?:

Site Admin

Re: On Saving to my PC the photo does not look like the edit

Postby admin » Tue May 08, 2012 9:50 am

Hi Paddytully12,

Most likely is that you are not being a bit stupid, but you have found a bug with a particular type of color profile. :) Luckily this sort of bug is easy to fix. I am going to email you with how to proceed (so check in your spam filter if you can't see a reply).

Tony

Postby shoreimages » Fri May 18, 2012 9:25 pm

Hi
My name is Bob and I am also new to SPE and had a problem with the saved jpeg did not look the same as the image in SPE. It was darker and did not have the same tonality. I had to import jpeg into Photo Shop to make corrections in order to get a good print. Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Bob

Postby Thea Davies » Mon May 21, 2012 9:14 am

Hi Bob,

I am sorry you are having this problem, I will send you a private message with some instructions to resolve this problem.

Warm regards,
Thea
Anthropics

Postby misty_fawn » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:16 am

I am also having this very same problem. When I save an edited image, the saved file looks darker. I have upgraded the program, and it still didn't fix the problem. Please help!

ArjunAnthroQA

Postby ArjunAnthroQA » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:45 am

Hi misty fawn,

Can you open a support ticket here: http://www.smartphotoeditor.com/support/index.php?page=login&return=ticket_submit and one of our expert support team will take a look into the problem as soon as possible.

Thanks

Arjun

Return to Bugs