New version 1.22.28

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

New version 1.22.28

Postby Bleeper » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:57 am

I have just updated to the latest version (1.22.28) and a complete new SPE was installed on my PC. So there are now two versions of SPE on my computer. The latest plus the old.(1.21). I suppose I can now uninstall the old version. Yes?? Furthermore I notice that on the home screen (Tutorials) some of the thump nails are bigger than the other with big bold checkmarks. Is it supposed to be like that or is there a problem with my installation.

Re: New version 1.22.28

Postby eadams » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:25 am

Bleeper wrote:I have just updated to the latest version (1.22.28) and a complete new SPE was installed on my PC. So there are now two versions of SPE on my computer. The latest plus the old.(1.21). I suppose I can now uninstall the old version. Yes?? Furthermore I notice that on the home screen (Tutorials) some of the thump nails are bigger than the other with big bold checkmarks. Is it supposed to be like that or is there a problem with my installation.

To my knowledge, the only difference between the old version and the new version are changes in the User Interface (different icons, etc.). Some people have experienced display problems with the new version (interface won't fit on the screen for example). If you experience such problems, you should report them in a service request and use the old version in the meantime. I have experienced no problems with the new version and I could remove the old version, but I have room on my hard disk and I am keeping the old version on my computer just in case.

Postby devaki » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:11 am

I found that after I installed the update, that SPE quits in the middle of a save or turning into a jpeg or deletion of a overlay. Always shows that it;s unresponsive. I ended up deleting the newer version, and kept the older one, but I still have the problem. I wish I never updated in the first place, I never had any issues before. :(

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:00 pm

Dear Devaki,

Really sorry to hear you're experiencing problems. The quickest way to resolve it is to open a support ticket here: https://www.smartphotoeditor.com/suppor ... ket_submit

Kind regards

Tony

Postby devaki » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:02 pm

Thank you Tony, I reinstalled SPE using the link you supplied on here. I have been playing with it to see if the program crashes at first everything was working smoothly, but last night as I added an effect it froze up and crashed.

Return to Bugs