Saving in JPEG TIF DOES NOT ALLOW

If you want to discuss individual effects, post here. Eventually the discussion of effects will be linked to the effects themselves.
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Saving in JPEG TIF DOES NOT ALLOW

Postby kphurt » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:54 pm

So I take a RAW file, I work it smart photo editor I go to save it and the error comes up with cannot find that file name etc.. WTF.... it will not save it, WHY??? Anyone?? Why cant we just take a raw file work it and save in the format we want?? I even try saving the session --NOPE--cannot find a file by that name--try renaming it, NOPE cant do that either. Remind me again why I bought your software????

Site Admin

Re: Saving in JPEG TIF DOES NOT ALLOW

Postby admin » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:14 am

RAW files are not designed to be saved by photo editing software: they are meant to represent 'digital negatives' i.e. just what came out of the camera, but not developed yet. If you save it as a tiff with 16 bits it will contain all the same information plus how they were 'developed'. If you're having trouble saving as a tiff, for instance, could you open a support ticket and our support staff will try and help you.

Kind regards

Tony

Return to Effects