Image Treatment

If you want to discuss individual effects, post here. Eventually the discussion of effects will be linked to the effects themselves.
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Image Treatment

Postby cwhitm » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:53 am

How do I change the texture of a picture without changing the background? I have a pic that is everything I want except I want to change it to a realistic affect. Hope that makes sense.

Site Admin

Re: Image Treatment

Postby admin » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:39 am

Dear cwhitm,

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. It sounds like you want to remove an effect from a photo. If that photo is not a session file from SmartPhotoEditor, I'm afraid that's an extremely challenging task: you'd basically have to redraw the original photo, which is a highly skilled job. Let me know if that's not what you wanted to do.

Kind regards

Tony

Postby cwhitm » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:14 am

Tiny,

Thanks much for your info. Actually I will try to explain it better. I have a photo that I like in every way except I want to change the looks of the entire picture. Example would be to change it to sepia or a cartoon type effect. Not sure that clarifies my wants. Thank you so much for responding.

Carol

Postby Richard Briggs » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:08 am

I am thinking that maybe you have not actually tried SPE yet and are asking this question to see if the product is capable of doing what you want?

Currently the downloaded product has 7,299 effects of which many, for example, are based around black and white or sepia. If you then consider you can combine multiple effects AND then vary the amount of 'effect' each effect displays, there are almost no limits to what can be done in terms of applying an effect you find pleasing. The only limit is the time you will spend doing this as it is very addictive as my wife will vouch :(.

Regards
Richard

Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:32 am

What Richard said! Just click on "Effects Gallery" in the top right to get started. There's more information about the effects gallery here.

Kind regards

Tony

Postby cwhitm » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:52 pm

Thanks much Richard and Tony. That is exactly what I finally figured out. Haven't had this program for along time and am learning every day.

Happy Thanksgiving to You All
Carol :

Return to Effects