help keep losing presets how to save and backup?

If you want to discuss individual effects, post here. Eventually the discussion of effects will be linked to the effects themselves.
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

help keep losing presets how to save and backup?

Postby JamesKelly001 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:02 pm

i keep making presets but when i shut down program and or pc they all empty and gone which means i have to remake them every time and then then come out different so how like photoshop can i save them in a folder or somthing so i can just reload them if program chose to lose them as im at wits end having to remake all the time

one example is my text preset and or logo it is saved as preset and if close program and open again its there but if i leave program and re open say after 20 mins not using or boot from overnight the presets are gone i cannont afford to waste time keep making logos and text presets each time i editing so how can i hard save them to folder

Re: help keep losing presets how to save and backup?

Postby eadams » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:57 pm

JamesKelly001 wrote:i keep making presets but when i shut down program and or pc they all empty and gone which means i have to remake them every time and then then come out different so how like photoshop can i save them in a folder or somthing so i can just reload them if program chose to lose them as im at wits end having to remake all the time

one example is my text preset and or logo it is saved as preset and if close program and open again its there but if i leave program and re open say after 20 mins not using or boot from overnight the presets are gone i cannont afford to waste time keep making logos and text presets each time i editing so how can i hard save them to folder

I'm not sure what you mean by "presets", so my answer may not help you.

You can create your own effects with the Effect Editor. To make sure these are always available to you, you must publish them to your local hard drive by clicking the Publish button in the editor itself. You will also have the option to publish them to the Internet so the community of SPE users also have access to them if you feel your effect would be of interest to others. After you publish an Effect, you will find it in the Effects Gallery.

If you stack multiple effects on an image, even effects from different authors, you can merge them into one effect (right click on an effect in the stack at the top of your screen to merge it with the next effect that is applied), then go to the Effect Editor and publish the merged Effect to your hard disk for your own use.

Postby JamesKelly001 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:42 pm

i get no option to publish to hard drive only tag for my own use or tag for others

Postby eadams » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:44 pm

JamesKelly001 wrote:i get no option to publish to hard drive only tag for my own use or tag for others

I apologize - my terminology was not accurate. If you select "tag for your own use", it becomes a local effect that is available only to you. That is what I meant when I said it would be published to your hard drive. I shouldn't have used those words.

If you tag for others, it becomes available to the entire community of SPE users. So after you publish it in this way the next time a user updates the Effects Gallery, your effect will be included.

Postby JamesKelly001 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:49 am

ok done that but now how do i find the effects ive tagged for my own use

Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:34 am

I'll take it from the top:

If there are any edits you frequently do (like a particular image treatment, some text you type in regularly, or even a set of area treatments), you can save them to turn up as a favorite. To do this, right click on the tab where you have done an edit and choose "Store Or Publish". You will be taken to the Tagging Effect panel, where you can give it a name and make it turn up in specific gallery sections. If you click "Tag For My Use Only" it will only be visible to you. If you click on Tag And Share Effect you will share it with the rest of the community and it will appear in all their galleries. To use an effect you've saved, hover over the Favourites/Rcent/Shortlists button and you'll see your new effect in the list of favorites on the left.

Kind regards

Tony

Postby JamesKelly001 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:10 pm

but that's what im saying it in my favourites list on the right until i shut down pc then its gone so how do I refind it

Postby eadams » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:34 pm

I don't know why your favorites disappear, but if I want to find all the effects I myself created, I search for my account name (eadams) under which I created all my effects. I find both my local (non-published to the Internet) and shared effects that way.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:44 am

Hi JamesKelly001

Do you close PhotoEditor before shutting down your PC? That might help.

Kind regards

Tony

Postby JamesKelly001 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:17 pm

yes i shut photo effects down everytime it does it update thing but when reopen everything that was in my shortlist and fav on the top right becomes empty again it hard work everytime finding these effects all over again and making my own ones from the beginning just to lose again

Next

Return to Effects