Opacity

If you want to discuss individual effects, post here. Eventually the discussion of effects will be linked to the effects themselves.
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Opacity

Postby Wendyfoto » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:55 pm

Hi all, When using the composite effect, is there a way to turn up or down the opacity on the top layer? TIA

Site Admin

Re: Opacity

Postby admin » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:24 am

I think you're asking about changing the opacity of the original image?

You can only change the opacity of the overlays or underlays (using the opacity slider). It wouldn't make any sense to change the opacity of the original image, because there's nothing to see through behind it. If that doesn't make any sense, if you load in the image you want to stay fixed and apply the other one as an overlay, you'll then be able to change it's opacity.

Hope that makes sense!

Tony

Re: Opacity

Postby Wendyfoto » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:12 pm

Yes cheers Tony, I actually had a play about with it last night and figured it out. It is the overlay, as you quite rightly figured, that I want to make slightly transparent. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question Tony :-)

Return to Effects