Cancel and effect BUT continue gallery from same page!

If you want to discuss individual effects, post here. Eventually the discussion of effects will be linked to the effects themselves.
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Cancel and effect BUT continue gallery from same page!

Postby Jobol » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:01 am

Hey guys,

Is there a way after I apply an effect, and after applying it, deleting it, but when bringing the Gallery, the page is at where that effect was chosen?

I usually browse the effects, go about applying them, and say after a small while, decide the delete the last effect which was at a page 200 that I did not remember, and bring the gallery to chose another effect, I have to go though 200 pages to continue browsing the effect since I do not remember what page the effect was on!!

Or is there a better way for that use case?

Thanks.

Re: Cancel and effect BUT continue gallery from same page!

Postby eadams » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:28 pm

Jobol wrote:Hey guys,

Is there a way after I apply an effect, and after applying it, deleting it, but when bringing the Gallery, the page is at where that effect was chosen?

I usually browse the effects, go about applying them, and say after a small while, decide the delete the last effect which was at a page 200 that I did not remember, and bring the gallery to chose another effect, I have to go though 200 pages to continue browsing the effect since I do not remember what page the effect was on!!

Or is there a better way for that use case?

Thanks.

Hi Jobol, if there is a way to make the gallery start on the last page you were on, I don't know about it. If I want to go back to the page I was on, I try to remember the page and manually jump to that page (mouse-over "Page 1 of 606" and you will see a "Go to Page x" slider).

If I have already applied an effect to an image and load the gallery, different effects are displayed on the first page than the ones that were originally displayed. I assume that the gallery analyses the current state of an image and presents the effects that it thinks will look best on it. I always leave the default (Best for This Image) on as the selection criteria for effects. So depending on whether effects have been applied or not, page 200 may contain different effects. So sometimes it is good to start on page 1 again.

Return to Effects